Discover the advantages and disadvantages of working from home, which is an option that has become increasingly popular these days.
Over time, work has always been an outside activity. However, with the great advance of the Internet, the opportunity for people to carry out their professional activities without leaving their own homes also appeared.
Currently, there are several companies that offer this possibility to their workers and the population that joined telework. However, working from home is not only an advantage, it is necessary to avoid some problems so that the option of working from home is not a bad experience. Professionals who decide to convert their home into an office need to be aware of some issues that can affect their productivity and well-being.
10 Advantages of Working at Home:
1 – Freedom and autonomy:
– Increase worker freedom and autonomy. Have greater ability to organize your time.
2 – Expenses:
– You have the lowest expenses because you don’t have to leave the house, so you’ll spend less money.
3 – Time:
– You can save a lot of time because you don’t have to leave the house and you don’t have to walk in traffic, especially in big cities.
4 – Work and Family:
– The reconciliation of professional life with personal and family life improves, which is generally highly valued.
5 – Productivity:
– If the work is well structured (generally based on objectives), it will have a much higher productivity.
6 – Working Hours:
– You don’t always need to get up very early or always get up at the same time, because there’s nothing to make you late.
7 – Accessibility:
– Allows hiring people with reduced mobility.
8 – Concentration:
– There are no interruptions by co-workers, in addition, there is no background noise, working from home brings more peace of mind and, consequently, more productivity.
9 – Stress level:
– Reduces stress levels, if necessary, because at home you can, at any time, take a break to take a walk or sing a song loudly. The fact of reducing the stress you are subjected to, will contribute in large part to an increase in your productivity, improved performance and also your health.
10 – Earnings at home:
– At the beginning, like everything else, it can be difficult, the work can be tiring, exhausting and stressful, but once you get used to it and your business is well underway, you can dedicate your time to other ways of earning yourself. You determine the limit of your earnings yourself, for many people this is one of the biggest advantages of working from home.
But working from home also has its disadvantages, let’s see which ones but also give their solutions:
3 Disadvantages of working from home:
1 – Overworking:
Not having a fixed schedule can mean that some people don’t have a work limit. This mainly affects those who work exclusively with results based on numbers and productivity. Excessive work can lead to health problems if there is not adequate time for rest.
Solution: Try to manage your time, organize to be able to carry out the tasks, always optimally, for more information we created an article talking about overworking and more solutions for this problem, to go to this article click here.
2 – Mix work and leisure:
This way, it can be difficult for the person to be able to divide the leisure time and the work time, trying to solve them at the same moments. This can cause you to be always working, ie it will cause overwork as you will be taking care of aspects of the work even when it is not office hours.
Solution: One of the habits you must cultivate to ensure the separation of your professional and personal life is to observe the schedules of each one, for the habit to work, it needs to be as much in relation to your schedules about their hours outside of work. We have an article that talks about tips to keep work and leisure in balance, to read the article click here.
3 – Social isolation:
Working at home can make you spend too many hours in the same space, without going out, and this ends up having consequences in social life. Over the years, social isolation will become more and more common and tends to diminish the person’s social life.
Solution: Going into video calls with some coworkers and interacting with them in a virtual way will help establish your social life. You can use apps like: Skype, Discord, Google Meet, Zoom or Microsoft Teams. You can purchase our phones that allow a better experience in your video calls, just click here.
As we have seen, working at home can bring many advantages, but there may always be something missing and we may have the solution to improve your well-being, including glasses to protect your eyes, a humidifier and diffuser to give a pleasant air to the your home. Check out the online store Techno Care, which has these and other products that will help you be more comfortable while working at home .